Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Perhaps a little Philosophical Poetry

do you, sea, the see and me?
we. we are
to others simply mystery
to me it is
do you see the sea in me?
I. am
to others naught
to me ought
do you see the sea and me?
we. we are


The sea
is calling me
She asks me to come
to hear her story
Amidst the peace
of piles of sand
she takes my hand
and we run there
we play there
There.
There there is a high
a crested bow
stretches my heart out
then we sink
deep into the blackness
thick with seawed
choking me
I swim further out
She cradles me
I float
a bubble in time
to a new horizon


The wave sweeps me
off my feet
leaves me stranded
without life jacket
beaten to sandbar
rocketed to a shore
i come up spluttering
for air
sweet air
refuse to be dragged
back to the fury
I pick up seashells
line my path out of
the pool of graves
No lifeguard on duty
To witness
my emergence
from the emergent
Sea
So I scoop myself up
Look around me
no one in sight
Yet the waves
sound distant to me now
as I embark
to a new horizon

No comments:

Post a Comment